Tuesday 24 November 2015

Snap Math Fair Reflection

The SNAP Math Fair was a fantastic experience. The kids were so excited to show us the puzzles they had been working on and I was very excited to see them excited! It was a very comfortable environment, and I didn't feel like the students were nervous or under pressure, just very willing to help others solve their problem. I think this is directly the result of the clear guidelines of SNAP, and the fair definitely got me on board with its approach. I thought it was great to have the students recreate the problem to suit an exhibit of the choice, and show their project in that context. You could tell it really personalized the question for the students. I wish I could have seen all of them - the time was too short and the discussions too good!

1 comment: